Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Meet Gimpy, the crocheted jellyfish.

I'm back!  Thank you for letting me take a Memorial Day weekend break, and I hope yours was just as relaxing!  Or, if you're international, I hope your Monday morning wasn't too painful...

Anyways, this first post is really just shameless advertising for a fellow crocheter.  Sarah/Esshaych designed has a pattern (I helped test it!) that is adorable.  And I really don't use that word very often.   (I've linked her blog, but she has an Etsy too)  She's given me permission to post my pictures here.  This was a really fun, quick project and I really recommend giving it a go! (Although Esshaych isn't sure whether she'll sell it or post it for free yet.)

Meet Gimpy the Geryoniidae!  (Geryoniidae info) I ran out of yarn for his tentacles, but he's very self conscious about that and he wouldn't let me show that...

Jellyfish2

He first met the wellhouse squirrels, and I think he made a rather satisfactory replacement for their missing member...

Jellyfish3

Then, Gimpy played hide-and-seek with the baby bears.  (Check out the junk in my fantastic yard...)

Jellyfish4

Next, Gimpy and a squirrel decided to go on a little expedition...  Onward ho!

Jellyfish5

Poor little Gimpy was tired by then, so he relaxed and took at nap on the birdhouse.  I think he liked the view of the water too.

Jellyfish6

I hope you enjoyed my little departure from the mundane.  See you soon!

-Cristy

2 comments:

  1. awww too cute!! nice job!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Gimpy!! Thank you so much for testing the pattern for me, and for putting him on your blog!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete