Sunday, April 15, 2012

Rainy Day Casual



I know it's hard to believe, but those legs and arms actually belong to the same body...  After months of pants, I love that we're getting such a beautiful spring here in North Carolina!

The dress is actually one I altered last year.  My mother compared elbow-length sleeves and navy color to African girls' school uniforms, so I knew they had to go. I followed the back of the collar under the armpit and around the back for a halter neck effect.  I can never decide whether to change out the fabric buttons for gold ones, but I love how the cut highlights the points of the collar!

A peek at my accessories:  Wing earrings and a cursive Love ring



Of course, it rained in the afternoon, so I swapped the sandals for rainboots and grabbed an umbrella!  I swore I wouldn't fall victim to the rainboot trend that ravaged colleges everywhere, but these were impossible to resist.  I'll give them their own post someday, I swear...



Until then, I'll leave you with another shot of my amazing umbrella!  I picked it up the summer before last in China out of necessity, but have you ever seen a shiny silver umbrella before?!



Tell me, how do you dress for the rain but stay stylish?

- Cristy

Belt - Time After Time Vintage Thrift, Sandals - Franco Sarto, Earrings - Forever21, Ring - Modcloth, Rainboots - Joan Boyce

No comments:

Post a Comment