Monday, April 9, 2012

Petal Necklace



The most instant gratification DIY's for me are always jewelry.  I love playing around with beads, findings, and wire and most jewelry supplies can be bought fairly cheaply.

For this necklace, I was inspired by the contrast of the metal chain and soft felt.  I also wanted a lightweight statement piece.  Requiring only two materials, this certainly fit the bill!



Materials: a length of chain (I used about 1 foot.), felt, a petal template (mine is 1.5x3 inches)

I also chose to stitch my pieces together rather than using hot glue.  I think it's a bit sturdier and I don't actually have a hot glue gun...



For complete instructions, see Chloe's tutorial.  She chose to use leather, but the general idea is still the same.

Do you wear any felt jewelry?

No comments:

Post a Comment