Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Pucca and Garu II

Remember when I embroidered this for a friend a while back?  Well, I decided that I didn't like it enough to give to anyone as a gift, so I redid it completely.  I even cross stitched it, which was my original intention!  I gave it, framed, signed, and presented to that friend today and she loved it!  I think it was well timed too, since she just when through a trying break up and needed something cute to distract her.

PuccaGaru1

My only issue was that, in areas with lots of black, the white fabric still shows through.  (This is 14 count Aida.)  See?  I think I'll be using three strands of black next time...

PuccaGaru2

Also, I got a pile of awesome frames from Goodwill for a dollar each!  This one was an ugly brown, which I tried to spray paint over.  Except I ran out of the plain black halfway through and had to respray them with heat resistant paint...  I think it also caused these strange crackly patterns too, which I really love!  (My frames are also heat resistant to  1200 degrees Farenheit now.)

PuccaGaru7

And finally, because I was so very, very proud of this redo, my signature and the year.

PuccaGaru8

Let this stand as a lesson to me:  Never be too afraid (or lazy) to reapproach a project that I'm just not satisfied with.  It's worth the effort!

Much love and cute Asian kisses,

-Cristy

Currently Listening to: "We Are Pilots" - Shiny Toy Guns

ETA (12-13-09):  I'm always willing to email readers a copy of the pattern if they leave a comment on this post or email me directly (or do both!).  However, I've found that hotmail email accounts cannot recieve files as large as an average PDF so, when you leave a comment, remember to include a non-hotmail account!  Thank you!

23 comments:

  1. Found your blog via the Uniform Project. This is sooo cute! Can I ask where you got the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pattern is actually from a site that no longer exists. (I believe their account with their host expired.) This was the only pattern of theirs that I happened to save. BUT! I sent you an email with the PDF.

    Hope you ahve as much fun with it as I did!
    - Cristy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh Could you send it to me as well??

    I wanna make one for my wall and I can't find any websites that has the pattern for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. would someone please send me this pattern. I've been looking for one for months. i have a project due next week in my fashion design class and i would really like to do this pattern. Please send it to me as soon as possible. thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your copy is on its way.
    - Cristy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Cristy! You're awesome :]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cristy! I came across your site when I googled 'pucca cross stitch'. :) Im planning to do this as a gift for a friend who adores pucca. Can you send me a copy please? Been looking all over the net but I guess the sites are already down. Thank you in advance :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm, apparently I now hold the monopoly on Pucca-Garu cross-stitches. *evil laugh*
    Your pattern has been sent!

    - Cristy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Could I ask for a copy of the pattern too? I have not been able to find it. Thanks in advance ^^.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello. Could I also ask for a copy too? I've been looking for ages already. Please? Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your copies are on their way!

    - Cristy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alexii, please email me directly. The email address WordPress provided returned with an error message. My email address is cristy99@gmail.com

    Thanks!
    - Cristy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh. Okays. Thanks again. I sent you an e-mail already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey guys, this is just a note for anyone else who reads this post and would like a copy or the Pucca and Garu cross-stitch pattern.

    When you leave a comment or email me, please, please, do not use a hotmail account! Hotmail isn't able to accept attachments the size of PDFs and you will not recieve my email or the cross-stitch pattern. Instead, it gets returned to me with an error message, and that's just not very helpful...

    If you're looking for a new email provider, I always suggest Gmail! ;)

    - Cristy

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi cristy! loved the pattern! ^_^ can u send me the copy of this pucca and garu pattern? im going to make 1 for my friend! i would higly appreciate it! thanks alot ^_^



    -john

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi.. who have this patteern?can i get a copy of this i will just try to make a x-stich of pucca and garu my girlfriend and i love this two.. thnx

    ReplyDelete
  17. служба знакомств в чебоксарах секс знакомства в городе владимир знакомства за 40 в екатеринбурге клуб серьезных знакомств знакомства с мужчинами москвы нягань знакомства секс знакомство донецкая область мужчины
    bestr of dati

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, May I please get a copy of that pattern ? I would like to make this pattern to give to a special friend of mine !
    Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  19. May You be willing to send me a Copy of this pattern :D I Would really Love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've been looking for this pattern for a while now, I started this project like 3 years ago, but I lost the file with the pattern :'(, so it's unfinished. I would really appreciate if you could send me a copy, so I can finally finish it. Thanks ;D

    ReplyDelete
  21. can i ask the pattern please?? i am really a pucca lover... so if u do, can i have it? or could you just email it to me????





    -dianne_philippines,bohol 6300-

    ReplyDelete
  22. hi Christy, I've been looking for this pattern and I couldn't find it anywhere. I really2 wanna make this to my friend. Do u still have it? I'd be very happy and thankful if you can send it to my email. Have a great day (:

    ReplyDelete