Sunday, June 14, 2009

Parfaits for Summer!

I have a strange thing for yogurt, granola, and fruit.  Mix the two together and, well, I'm a very happy camper.  So here's a nice easy recipe for summer.  It makes a nice breakfast or, in my case, a midnight snack!

You'll need:  Granola, Fruit (frozen is the easiest, they're juicier and mix well), plain yogurt, a cup/bowl, and a spoon.  Oh, and saran wrap!

ParfaitA

Layer your ingredients in the cup (this one isn't my prettiest...).  As a rule of thumb, I try to end with granola and alternate every other row with yogurt.  It keeps the granola from getting too soggy.  Cover your cup with saran wrap and stick it in the fridge for three hours.  Longer, and that bottom layer gets mushier than I like.  Shorter, and the top layer is still really crunchy.  Of course, it's good anytime, but I think that's the perfect setting time!

ParfaitB

I'm working on a knitting project that's running a bit long... but when it's done, I'll be right back here!

-Cristy

No comments:

Post a Comment