Monday, June 15, 2009

My Brea Bag

I've been so very pro-posting this week!  This is what I've been so busy with recently... The Brea Bag from Berroco!  It's a well written pattern, I'll give it that.  I've always liked cables, and I had the front and back pieces done in two days, but the gusset?!  (I had to google "gusset")  The gusset was so incredibly boring!  It took me a month to finish, all becuase of the gusset.  Something about seed stitch just bores me to tears.  Of course, I had to do things my own way too, so my bag is much more circular than it should be.  (Just use US 8s instead of 9s if you want the same look.)  I like it; I think it makes it more age-appropriate for all of my 18-going-on-19 years.  You know you're young when your age is an approximation, rather than a number.

Sick of me talking yet?  Here are the pictures!

Brea1

For size reference:

Brea2

Requisite zoom shoot.  I love how well my camera was cooperating on this one.  I wish I knew where the button came from...

Brea3

I'd like to thank futuregirl for her great tutorial about sewing in linings.  It made it so much easier to do this by hand...

As a whole, I think I'm quite pleased with it...  but it gets it's first trial run tomorrow, for a trip to the movies!

-Cristy

Currently Watching: music videos on VH1

2 comments:

  1. I love how the bag looks, i really want to make it and I really want the pattern. I'm only 13 years old and have been crocheting for a meer 5 years. I hope I'm as good as you when I get to collage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thank you! It's not a bad pattern and, best of all, it's free.

    And actually, I only learn to crochet my senior year of high school, so you're already doing better than me!

    Keep it up!
    -Cristy

    ReplyDelete