Friday, April 3, 2009

Too Hot to Knit, Too Bored to Crochet

Well, maybe bored isn't the right word... But I am feeling decidedly unmotivated and uninspired.  Welcome to spring/summer in North Carolina.  It's too hot (and will soon be too muggy) to even consider touching yarn, and the lazy weather has my brain neurons transmitting a little slow.  I'm also feeling the post-project ennui.  Every time I finish something large, I have no idea what to do next.  Inspiration anyone?

Being the brilliant person I am, I also left my crochet thread at home.  When my mother was pregnant with me, she spent her prescribed bed rest making crocheted ornaments (like the kind that come in a kit and you stiffen with a glue or starch).  My mother is absolutely notorious for never finishing anything (she says so herself!) so there's still a lot of crochet thread hanging around the house.  Unfortunately, it's all white, except for one thing of orange, and none of it's labeled. (Grr..)

~*~



After a quick tour of my favorites on Ravelry (my best source of inspiration), I've decided to give Sheldon a try.  I've been meaning to since I saw him, and this is the perfect moment.  I'll be using my trusty US 6 double points and some of that Vanna's Choice Baby I have left over.  I have the feeling that, if it doesn't get used soon, it will Never Go Away.  And, more accurately, I'll be using Three US 6's and a 4mm crochet hook because I managed to lose 2 double points.  Argg.  I really need a needle/hook roll.  Really.

Anyways, if you're willing, how about giving it a try with me?

Good Luck!

-Cristy

Currently Listening to: "Too Old to Rock 'n' Roll: Too Young to Die" - Jethro Tull

No comments:

Post a Comment