Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My Baby Blanket, Complete!

Today, at approximately 2pm EST, I finished my baby blanket! It really only took me about a month, but I have the kind of personality that is incapable of devoting my time to a single project at one time. Of course, posting all those recent crochet patterns has really helped. (There's not a lot of photos right now and I just took them, so they're indoors and poor quality. I'll try to replace them with something better tomorrow.)

Anyways:

dscf1865

That's Harry holding it up for me. He doesn't craft, but he does like watching me. And yes, look at those edges curl... I tried crocheting the first and last row to try to straighten it out but with little effect, clearly. Serves me right for using acrylic, huh. Now would I have this problem with cotton..?

dscf1862

This picture shows the stitches a little more clearly. I actually intended to keep the number of rows of orange and yellow the same, but I didn't realize the error until I'd already bound off.

Again, I made a few changes to the original pattern, including using size 8 US needles and casting on with 114 stitches (for 7 pattern repeats). I also held only one strand of yarn, instead of the two the pattern called for. Yes, I like making things harder for myself! I think that's it... Time to get back to crochet!

-Cristy

No comments:

Post a Comment