Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Help me!

So for me to actually post what I have planned, I need some help from you friendly viewers. For my first swap, I created (my very own!!) guide to knitting. It covers the basics, some more complicated stitches, and a few projects. All the stitches are accompanied with step-by-step pictures and advice. It really didn't take me that long to write up, and I think everyone should be able to learn to knit without paying the 20 bucks I did for a Klutz book. >.> So I really want to offer this book for free. So how would I make this pdf most available? I've considered posting it on a site like Megadownload.net, but I'm not sure if there's a bandwidth limit. Posting this on Etsy seems a bit contrary to my freebie ideal, and I don't want to have to keep reposting this item should it become at all popular (cross your fingers, eh?). I would like to know which way you think would be easiest for people to access. And yes, I know you can post files to WordPress, but they keep on coming up as "broken and unfixable." I've tried a few times, and no luck. I don't know whether Ravelry would work either because well, it's not exactly a pattern and I think this will be the final draft. Input, please! The sooner I get comments, the more I'll know what to do...

-Cristy

2 comments:

  1. links to Flickr or standalone on Instructabes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you ever figure out how to do this? I'm about 9 months late is looks like.

    ReplyDelete