Friday, May 14, 2010

Recent Roving Aquisitions...

I thought I'd show up some of the roving I bought before leaving school.  (What?  I had to stock up for summer!)  First, I grabbed some wool top.  (It comes in lovely, bright colors for $2/2oz and a discount if you buy in fives at Yarns, Etc in Chapel Hill, NC.)  I've gotten it before, but never got to try it with the spinning wheel.



Don't they look silky smooth?  No idea what I'm going to do with these...  Maybe try making some art yarn?

But I'm *much* more excited about my Wool-Mohair mix!  I'd been eying these bundles since before I could spin and finally bought one!  The ball was rather messy from traveling, so I unraveled it all over the kitchen counter....  (Anyone else  find this oddly reminiscent of bacon?  Like a pile of perfectly cooked, purple bacon strips.)



And freshly re-wrapped for spinning!



(What do you think about fingering or lace weight?)

- Cristy

Currently Listening to: "Rehab" - Amy Winehouse

No comments:

Post a Comment