Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The One, the Only....

Next in my mini other-blog series (just until exams are over!) is Jared Flood, better known in the blogging world as Brooklyn Tweed:

He (oh yes, a male knitter) writes possibly the most aesthetically pleasing blog I've read, not to mention the gorgeous pictures.  I think his lace work is my favorite (pictured), but all of his patterns look so beautifully complicated!  Every time I look at one of his shawls, I want to make one too.

As far as I can tell, he's been knitting for years, started a blog 5 years ago, and I think that's how he got a book deal.  If I could, I'd buy it just for the mitten pattern.  Or the lace stole... or the sweaters...  >.>  But if he wrote a book of just lace shawls, I think I'd have to give in to the temptation!

Did I mention he spins too?  Oh yeah, gorgeous, fine, perfectly fingering weight yarn...  As well as thick-and-thin yarn, worsted...  Great color choices too, they tend to be either soft and mellow or rich like the shawl to the left.

Anyways, it's always been one of my favorite blogs; I think it was actually one of the first ones I found when I started knitting.

- Cristy

Currently Watching: House on Hulu.com

No comments:

Post a Comment