Monday, April 26, 2010

Excuses, excuses...

What with exams this week, I'm going to be insanely busy.  But for whatever reason, I've been in a blogging mood with nothing to talk about!  So this week, I'm going to try to highlight a few different blogs I've been reading recently.  First, New Dress a Day:



This blog is like the much thriftier cousin of A Dress A Day and The Uniform Project.  Except, unlike those two, Marisa creates clothes I'd actually dare to wear!  And, since she's been at this for about 200 days now, there are plenty of archives to get lost reading.  I particularly love watching something so frumpy your grandma wouldn't touch it turn into a dress malls would charge $50 to buy.

My personal favorites have been an apron (recon pictured at left), a men's tuxedo shirt, and the classic trench coat.  She's also limited herself to just $365 for the entire year, including supplies. >.<  Crazy!

Anyways, I seriously recommend checking her out, she definitely deserves some of your attention!

As for me, I'm planning a trip to the local secondhand stores once I get out of exams.  Hopefully I can find something interesting and it will end up half as good as her recons...  Cross your fingers!

- Cristy

Currently Watching: Good Eats on the Food Network

No comments:

Post a Comment