Saturday, February 27, 2010

Swap II: World of Warcraft (2/5)

Ooooh, look at me, posting again!  (This is what, 3 times in 24 hours?  Sheesh...)  Anyways, yet another part of the package I'm sending to my swap partner.

I noticed that both she and her boyfriend were collecting companion pets (animals/things that follow you around in the game that don't help you or anything, but can be really cute; a lot of people enjoy getting as many as they can).  One of the pets I particularly like is Speedy so I had to make her one!  Speedy is the baby turtle you can get during Children's Week.  (Also, I can't send out a package without knitting/crocheting something!)  Video game Speedy:



He's adorable!  He'll even roar occasionally. <3  My Speedy:



And continuing my themed packaging, Speedy comes in a Turtle Box (which you then open to get the pet), so....



I used a box template, because the cardboard container I recycled was barely the right size.  I just had to change a few measurements, but I think it worked out.  (Also, recycling!)  My boyfriend thinks the box is the cutest part. :p  And I really want to make more of these now... >.>  Just because he's so damn cute, another picture of him ready to be shipped off.



I think, if I made another, I'd put an audio chip in him so he could roar as well.  Also, I have really got to get some safety eyes.. beads are just not cutting it ^.^

Edit: The pattern has now been posted!

- Cristy

Links:

Parts 1, 3, 4, and 5

Currently Watching: Mission Impossible III

2 comments:

  1. you said you'd like to make more? cuz i'd love to buy one since my crochet skills are nowhere this amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, check your inbox for my reply!

    ReplyDelete