Sunday, January 10, 2010

Tutorial: Crocheting Around a Ring

This is the simplest method I've found for crocheting around a ring, mainly because it uses basic techniques of crochet rather than knots.  I apologize for the one-handed ness of the photos, but I needed a camera hand.  If you're left handed, you should be able to save the pictures to your computer and then reverse, or mirror image, them.  And remember, if an image is too small, you should be able to click on them for the full version.

It's a bit image heavy, so 1- Wrap your yarn around your fingers as you usually would.  Hold the tail against the ring.



2- Put the needle through the ring to hook the yarn.



3- Pull the needle back towards you.



4- Wrap the yarn around the needle.



5- Pull the yarn through the loop.  (See?  Jut like crochet!)



6- Single crochet around the ring.



7- It's easiest to just crochet over the tail.



8-  And keep crocheting!  I kept my stitches pushed close together until I was 3/4 of the way around, and then spread them out to cover the entire ring.



Soon enough, you'll be done!



- Cristy

Currently Watching: Spartacus

2 comments:

  1. Love your idea! Can't wait to get my rings and start making one. What size crochet hook did you use?

    Thanks,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used a 3.0mm crochet hook (the yarn called for 5.omm) since I wanted it tight. If you're using something different, check the label and go down a size or two.

    Thank you so much for your comment and I hope you have fun!

    - Cristy

    ReplyDelete