Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Hat for Harblz

Oh, the alliteration was too easy...  Anyways, I've been working on a few things (expect about 3 posts in the next 24 hours ^.^), one of which is a hat to keep the boyfriend's noggin warm.  It's not completely done yet, since I have ends to weave in, but I wanted to post!  I'll probably add more photos sometime tomorrow too, since it's a pain in the butt trying to take pictures of your own head.



I used Cascade 220 in brown (9557-0132), blue (8339-7546), and off-white/natural (8010-7408).  The boyfriend picked out his color combination himself, so he's not allowed to whine either!  Seriously, I love Cascade.  My local Michael's doesn't carry yarn like it, so I can only get it at Yarns, Etc in Chapel Hill.  Please excuse the numbers.  I'm terrible at maintaining my Ravelry, and it's easier to just keep the color and lot numbers with the project!



Oh, cameras are scary things...  And I completely forgot to tell you what pattern this is!  It's the extremely popular Turn A Square Hat, which you can find on Ravelry (there's even a Spanish version!).  Unfortunately, you need a Ravelry account to get the pattern, but Brooklyn Tweed does have a fantastic blog that is exceedingly well illustrated.  Homepage and blog, actually.

Am I forgetting anything?  I think my brain is pretty out today, despite (or because of) getting 10 hours of sleep last night.  Barely awoke in time for class...

- Cristy

Currently Listening to: "Take Me Out" - Franz Ferdinand

No comments:

Post a Comment