Saturday, December 12, 2009

Swirls Shawl: The Race to Christmas

Yep, it's going to be fun seeing whether I can finish my mother's present in time for Christmas!  So far, I've gotten 7 of 37 motifs finished, and since I started on... Tuesday?  I think I'm running behind!  Let's see, that's 5 days past, 18 days left, yep, very behind!  And, of course, I can't forget that I have a brother, father, and boyfriend for whom to knit... Oh, and did I mention this is my exam week?  Yay!

Anyways, I come bearing images.  Seven whole hexagons!  Which, clearly, haven't been blocked yet...  Oh, and if you're not familiar with the pattern, it's made of three rows hexagon motifs (you can see the diagram of the shawl version in the background, with has five rows).  I've tied a scrap of yarn to what will be the far end of the scarf since I think I like that edge best for blocking.  The pattern also says to knit each row lengthwise, but since I'm not sure how far my yarn will get me, I'm working back and forth across the short rows.  (I'm not using the same brand as the pattern, and don't have access to more skeins of this dye lot.)



Maybe you can pick out the hexagon motif here?  It will be easier to see the pattern once it's blocked, I promise!



And for those of you who love macro!



Yeah, the completely different colors in the above photos bother me...  The actual color is somewhere between the second and third photos, but with a lot less orange than either the first or second...  I will definitely have better when I get some actual sunlight!

- Cristy

No comments:

Post a Comment