Sunday, December 6, 2009

Knitting my Handspun!

Remember my first real handspun, the fushia-and-blue Chani?  I plyed her with some black acrylic, and got a lovely boucle.

Mmmmm, curly...



Well, I've finally gotten around to knitting with her!  I'm mostly making the pattern up as I go along, but it's loosely based on the Tanjalee Hat (link's from Ravelry), which I think is simple enough to show off the colors without getting too jumbled.



I'm even useing circular needles!  Honestly, I don't really care for them, but it didn't sound very appealing trying to keep all of those stitches on double points.  Of course, I'm not sure what I'll do when I get towards the end and realize I don't have size 8 US double points for closing it up. ^.^  I do love that I can try on my hat as I go, and then take ridiculous pictures in the mirror...  I look rather dubious, I think.  (You might also notice my hair has grown out quite a bit since last summer.  I think I might try bangs, but long ones.)



Do you see how the stockinette stitches seem very slanted?  I'm not sure what's causing it, although I suspect it may be the twist in the yarn.  It freaked me out at first, but I think it's growing on me.  It makes the fabric stretchier too, it seems.  See?  Happy, accomplished face!



Hopefully I'll be done in another week or so, and I'll have a finished hat to show off!

- Cristy

No comments:

Post a Comment