Friday, February 13, 2009

Hello World, Take 3

For reasons unknown to even myself, I've decided to set up a blog solely devoted to my shriveled right brain. (How about that mental image?) I may not have to time, resources (side affect of dorm life), or appropriate amount of black bile, but I'll be damned if I haven't got the spirit. I suppose that, because I'm (relatively) young and still trying to "figure myself out" as they say, I tend to be unpredictable in my output. I like to try new tutorials as I find them online, especially if they've unlike anything I've done before. And I will, of course try to take pictures of rather dubious quality. It's all part of the learning process!

I assume this is where I describe my do's and don'ts? I do:
- knit: straight or double points, please, and I'd like to try more colorwork
- crochet: odd little things here and there, but I'm much better at figuring out how a crocheted piece was made by looking at it than I am with knitting
- doodle: mainly in the margins of notebooks, despite my having an actual sketchbook. Since I seem to like repetitive designs, fabric design could be really cool but I, alas, am destined for something "serious."
- sew: at least enough to provide me with a simple wallet, lining of a crocheted bag, and a reconned t-shirt. It's definitely something I'd like to pursue further, but preferably after aquiring a sewing machine.
- cook: I have been known to cook on at least one occasion, but mostly in an attempt to spruce up classic dorm food (ie. Ramen)

I don't:
do nothing. I feel the need to have a project going at all times, even if it's as simple as the Daily Tar Heel's Sudoku and Crossword. I am limited by cash (like everyone else..), time (I had 4 major tests and an essay due in the last week!), and resources (I would kill for a Micheal's within walking distance. Instead, I got one overpriced yarn store). Anyone else noticing my serious love affair with parentheses?

And before I get any more wordy, _ quick facts that will serve as my introduction:
1- I am a proud(ish) UNC TarHeel '12.
2- I'm a bonified nerd, as in I play World of Warcraft, love (and crocheted) a 12 sided die, and get excited by boys who can program. And then my girl friends tell me I have bad taste in boys. *sigh*
3- I'm a "none white" and pretty damn proud of it, even if my darker skin makes shopping and most spring fashion (pastels) just plain awkward. I'm thinking about offering some sort of prize to the first person to guess what exactly I may be. By that, I mean the countries in which my parents were born.
4- I'm supposed to become a doctor or scientist or something... We'll see.
5- My brother loves me . I think that's a rather important trait for someone to have. And I don't mean the "I have to love you because we have a similar DNA sequence" type of love because, then, Koko the gorilla would deserve almost as much love as I do. The love of a sibling is, quite tritely, a friend you will always have despite any murder, mayhem, or general chaos you may cause.

And on that rather sappy note, I bidyou adieu in favor of helping a friend study Italian.
err, Ciao?
-Cristy

Listening to: All Fired Up - Pat Benatar (Pandora.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment